Friday, March 7, 2008

Baby steps.


Hey there long time no see. Yeah its been a while since my last post, I have 3, 5 page papers due this week all of them single space, in addition I wrote a miniature play for my church I have been and am currently pretty busy. I did want to take just a minute and share what God has been doing in my life. I meant what I said in my last post, that God would make me ready. That he would make me the type of man that would be able to chose a life of the dangerous and the uncomfortable to do the things God has called him to do.

So in order to do that I am focusing on the little areas, where am I selfish just a little bit. I am focusing at being slow to anger when I get frustrated and trying to be less offendable and more congenial towards others. It’s a small step, its not doing a forty-day water only fast, nor I am praying in tongues three hours a day, but I don’t think doing those things will take me to the next level. I don’t think those things alone will make me the man I want to be. I think getting to who I want to be takes baby steps, small sacrifices on a continuous basis. This process makes sacrifice and the subduing of the flesh habitual rather than eventful. In other words when I sacrifice its not some big noticeable event, its what I do everyday, its my habit and what I default to in every situation. So that way when God asks for the big sacrifices I will do so willing and without hesitation because that’s just what I am used to. Live the adventure.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Like I always say, "you are who you are in default mode." I love "living the adventure" with you guys.