Thursday, May 1, 2008

Legacy




I have been thinking alot about what I want to be rememebered for. I remember a man that died while I was in Iraq. When he his fellow soldiers stood up to give testimony about him they all said one thing. "He was pretty good a sports". I do not want the defintive memory people have about me to be "he is good at sports". The fact is I am terrible at sports so I don't have to worry, but the point I am trying to get at is I want to be remembered for something deep, something that will impact lives, not something superficial. I want to be remembered for how I handled adveristy in my life, my reactions and responses to difficult times, I want my memory not to be an example in good times, but for what to do when times are not so good.
It is this desire that allows me to perserve some days.when I get frustrated or discouraged and just want to quit, or when the godly life seems to tiring and I want to go astray, there is always the nagging thought in the back of my brain when people hear my story and they hear this part what will they hear; how I perservered or how I quit, will they hear how godly I acted or will the hear how selfish I was? I must remember that every day and every moment even the difficult ones is my legacy in the making. I must ask with every decision I make how do I want to be remembered.
What do you want your legacy to be, remember every moment of every day is your legagcy in the making, how do you want to be remembered. Live the adventure.

No comments: