Friday, September 5, 2008

Elisha Noah Godlewski


I would like to take this opportunity to introduce my son Elisha Noah Godlewski. He is not born yet but he his on the way. I think I might be the typical proud father, I like this picture because he is smiling. I remember leaving the Doctors office that day thinking "yep, my son can smile" as if smiling was some tremendous feet. I am also proud when he kicks or makes movement. Its not so much what he is doing it is the fact that my son is doing it. I also look forward to meeting him, this is a puzzling because I don't even know what he is like, in fact really I won't be able to socialize with him for about another twenty years. It doesn't matter though because he is my son and I am interested in him and proud of him for whatever. Doesn't matter what he is or is doing he is mine.

This leads me to my point you are gods, gods love is not based on performance or what you can do for him its based on one thing and one thing only, you are his, you belong to him. That's it, nothing you did or will ever do matters to him, he isn't attracted to your personality or your looks, he likes you for you because you came from him.

That's awesome. It gives us the freedom to screw up, fail, make bad decisions, say things that are stupid and know gods love isn't going anywhere because it was never based on that to begin with. Live the Adventure.

1 comment:

ST said...

Great reminder about God's unconditional love. Welcome back, Jake!

Can't wait to meet you, Elisha Noah...Zion!