Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A birds eye view.


Attitude determines Altitude. If you have every worked in a sales office or been to any motivational seminars you have to had heard that somewhere. It simply means that if you have "high" or positive thoughts then you will end up with a positive results. If you have "low" or negative thoughts you will have negative resul
ts. Why bring it up? As you can see in my last blog I have been thinking alot about prayer. I have noticed when I pray more life is better than when I pray little. Seasons of prayer however are not seasons with out difficulity, the fact of the matter is seasons of prayer can often stem from difficulty. so why is it that when I pray life seems better, why is it that more seems to get done and I tend to be happier despite the circumstances I got through. Perhaps altitudedoes determine attitude. When I pray more my thought process is often fixed more on Jesus. You can't get much higher than that. God has a unique view of your circumstances, he sees your journey from beginning to end all at the same time. Think of him as being in an airplane high above the earth and you are on the road. You come across a ruff patch, its unpaved, full of holes massive boulders restrict your movement, from your point of view this goes on forever. You think there is no way I can get through this. In reality the ruff patch is less than a mile, you'll be able to get through it no problem. At that point your attitude is very low. Why? You can't see that far from your point of view. You see an impossible hardship without end. Jesus however is in high spirits. why? From his point of view he sees a small hiccup in the road and then a smooth ride. Prayer is like keeping in contact with the man in the plane, your getting constant feed back on the true nature of your situation. The true nature of your situation is often, if not always, better than what it seems from your perspective. In short its much easier to navigate the road of life and all of its obstacles when you have the perspective of the man in the plane, stay in touch with him regularly. Live the adventure.

No comments: