Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Life sacrificed


I have been thinking a lot lately about "life sacrificed". Its a term I have coined. I am starting to see that life is better sacrificed. Let me explain. The bible says children are a blessing. I have recently been pondering children being a blessing. I am about to take my niece and nephew into my home. As I spend more time with them in preparation for this move I find myself pondering how children are a blessing. They eat like cows their constantly crazing, their brother and sister so they fight and play both are noisy, they are always at your home so there is no privacy, they need so much stuff; cloths, toys, school supplies. It seems like all they do is deplete resource hardly a blessing right. Wrong. I find that my life is enriched despite all that is lost, I enjoy it when they are in my home, I find there constant noise of play is becoming more like music to my ears, I find that I look forward to their smiles and appreciation. I am enjoying sit down conversations. I am even am starting to grow an appreciation for discipline, I hate being a disciplinarian no matter how bad they are however I find myself saying if it turns them into to descent men and women its worth it. They really are a blessing I just haven't been able to to put my finger on how to describe it. Prayer is another example. My life is so busy that in order to do it I find myself staying up late and getting up early. It costs me sleep, but I find the more I do it the better my life is. Its extending to so many area's of my life. I am an avid procrastinator, if I don't feel like doing it now I like to wait tell later. However I find everything waits tell later and nothing gets done. By sacrificing a few fleshly desires I find that my life is more in order, my business does better, more gets done. Its worth the sacrifice. So I say all this to say; life is better sacrificed. I think so many of us (including myself) are always trying to find ways to make life easier, to do less work, spend less money, to have less hardship. In other words were always looking to sacrifice less. Less sacrifice is not the answer. Finding ways to sacrifice less should not be our pursuit. We should all be looking for the things that are worth the sacrifice. Whats worth a little pain and a little suffering. In the end those will always be the things worth having. If I live my life and sacrifice much, in the end I will truly have much to be grateful for. Live the adventure.

No comments: