Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Homeward Bound


Above you'll see a view of Pikes Peak from Colorado springs. While I am falling in Love with Orlando by far Colorado Springs has been the prettiest city I have ever lived in. The constant mountain view can not be beat. Day and night the different lights bounce of the surface of the mountain it almost seems as if God is continually painting a different masterpiece. I do mean masterpiece, I can not say that one sunset or sunrise was better than another. Nor can I say the clear blue days looked better than the cloudy ones. Each day and circumstance would well up a new set of emotions a new appreciation for God's creation, for his majesty. If you ever seen it, it really is that breathtaking. I was a soldier posted at Ft. Carson just outside of Colorado Springs. I remember looking at Pikes Peak on our morning runs and when would lower the flag at night. I remember driving at night and when it had snow pikes peak would almost seem to glow. I remember boarding a plane at 5 am to head to Iraq looking at the blinking light that sits on the top and thinking "its going to be a long time before I see this view". I remember countless days when I would look over the barren desert that ended in clear blue sky and try to imagine my mountain in the distance. The view represented so much more than just beauty it was where my friends where, my church was, it was where I had some of the best times of my life. So whenever I was down or homesick I would overlook the desert and try to put my mountain in the distance. It was Awesome it always brought a smile to my face. It was how I kept my thoughts homeward bound. I remember when I got off the plane it was sunset. I remember stopping dead in my tracks and soldier behind me ran into me protesting "what are you doing". I was stunned it was pikes peak glowing in the evening sun the prettiest orange you had ever seen. Tears welled up in my eyes and I told the soldier behind me. I have waited along time for that view." What a great memory. Why Do I share it. I want everyone's focus to remain homeward bound. What is homeward bound. Its place in your head, sometimes its a place you have not yet been to and want to reach other times it is a place to you desperately want to get back to. I encourage all of you to keep your thoughts "homeward bound". You will be like me there will be your moments in the desert, where you'll have to look out over a barren desert and imagine your view but know this; its out there. There is a time for you to return home. I want to take this opportunity for everyone who wants to leave me prayer request for whatever your homeward bound is. If its a destination in your future or place where you want to return let me know. Just post the comment. If you don't want me to post it say so I will read it and then delete it. But I want to encourage all you god has a plan to get you home, to a promised land , a place of glory. Don't keep you thoughts on the desert place, keep them homeward bound. I am with you. Live the adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, you're a good writer!!